Mining Sales Representative
MAXAM Tire North America - Southwest, US
Position Reporting To:
V.P. MAXAM Mining Group
Maxam Tire, a subsidiary of the Sailun Group, is a global manufacturer and distributor of specialty off-the-road tires. The MTNA Mining Sales Rep. is responsible for supporting our business strategy centered around our core mission of being a “Business Solutions Provider” and our vision of “Ensuring the Quality of the Customer Experience” in the Specialty Tire market segment. Key focus of this position will be to implement all aspects of Regional Giant Off-the- Road (49” and greater), primarily Open Pit Mining and secondarily Underground Mining Strategies in order to meet our multi-year business objectives of the Maxam Mining Group (MMG).
The goals of Maxam Tire will be to drive the Mining business worldwide forward by meeting or exceeding plans by working directly with global Maxam MMG & Local Regional Sales & Customer Service Teams, Engineering, Supply Chain, and the Sailun Manufacturing Factory Marketing department.
- Solicit and manage the Mining business in assigned geography and/or assigned account
- Utilize existing product line and future product developments to identify and secure new businesses opportunities with Mining customer
- Identify new market trends and market changes based on the Mining future product development
- Provide interface with Senior Managers and organization on current and expected Mining Customers business
- Work directly with Mining Customers to pursue additional global positioning of Maxam
- Develop and recommend product positioning and pricing strategy for Global Mining Customer placed products to produce the highest long-term market
- Evaluate market research, competitor’s product and adjust business strategies to meet changing market conditions.
- Required collaboration and coordination of engineering and product development to exceed Mining Customer
- Collaborate with internal global departments to design and develop new services for enhancing business growth.
- Coordination of capital expenditure projections based on Mining Customer volumes and/or new product developments.
- Reviews, analyzes and projects sales performance against programs to determine strategy
- Ensures effective control of results and takes corrective action to guarantee achievement of goals and objectives.
- Manages and resolves all issues in cross functional process of delivery to Mining
- Reviews and analyzes performances against Mining business plans by customer in the format of Daily/Monthly Sales
- Represent Maxam at Trade Shows, Trade Association Meetings, and Mining Segment sponsored events to promote brand equity and product
Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Client Focus, Goal Achievement Oriented, Strategic Thinking, Communication Proficiency, Negotiation, Sales Planning, Internal and External Relationship Management, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets
Required Education & Experience:
Undergraduate with master’s degree desired.
Experience in the industry outweighs education requirement.